Online Advancement Reporting

Process Ranks and Awards

2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster

Units can now process ranks and awards for Packs, Troops, Teams, Crews, Ships and Posts. Units can now submit advancement for unit youth members online. Use Internet Advancement for the following:

  • Add ranks, merit badges, and awards
  • Update information on existing advancements (excepting the Eagle Scout rank). This will allow you to enter any missing advancements before you enter current advancements.

To use Internet Advancement:

  • Select someone to be the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
  • Obtain a unit ID code from the council. If the unit advancement processor attends the May roundtable, they can obtain the unit ID code there.
  • Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
  • Click the Process button on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
  • Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it when you purchase the badges. Save a copy for your files. You will still need to submit the application for merit badge (blue card) for any merit badges reported.

Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and council statistics.


2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster

The roundtables will feature orientation on Internet Advancement. Each unit choosing to use Internet Advancement must select an adult to be its unit advancement processor, and this adult should attend the training. Additionally, anyone who wants to learn more about Internet Advancement can review the help information.

An Important Preliminary Step

2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster

Although the Suffolk County Council has been recording all advancements reported to the individual Scout record since late 2000, there may be some missing information for long tenured Scouts.

Internet Advancement will not let you record a rank advancement if all the preceding ranks are not already on the record.

For example:

  • Cub Scouts: Bobcat must be on the Scout's record before you can enter Wolf, Bear or Webelos award.
  • Boy Scouts: All preceding ranks must be on the record before a rank advancement can be posted. In other words, no recording of First Class without Tenderfoot and Second Class on the record, etc.

You should print a Unit Advancement Summary, review it, and enter any missing information before recording new advancement.


2010-09-10 @ 00:01, Updated by Webmaster

Assistance for problems with Internet Advancement is available from the Council Registrars (631-924-7000, extensions 120 or 126), Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.