|Irwin Eyerman||Council Membership Chairman||Benjamin Tallmadge||631-751-7299|
|Ken Tinsley||District Membership Chairman||Benjamin Tallmadge||631-476-1698|
|Richard Wisnewski||District Membership Chairman||Matinecock||631-368-0048|
|Valerie Gravesandy||District Membership Chairman||Sagtikos||#|
|Bruce Doscher||District Membership Chairman||Trailblazer||#|
The tasks of the Membership Committee fall into two broad categories, whether at the District or Council level:
- Relationships. Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with major community organizations and institutions, both those which have Scouting units and those which do not. These include religious bodies, educational bodies, civic service clubs, fraternal and veteran associations, labor unions, business and industry, professional societies, and other organizations with objectives compatible with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Membership. Organize new units, reorganize inactive and dropped units, and recruit new members in a systematic way.
The council committee is a planning and supervising body whose job is to see that every eligible young person of Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or Venturing age within the council territory has an opportunity to become a member. The council-level committee performs the following tasks:
- Make periodic contact with major chartered organizations.
- Conduct a community organization survey. The committee should have a list of all the community organizations within the boundaries of the council and should survey their needs and their desires regarding young people and their ability to organize one or more units.
- Develop cooperative relationships with groups and organizations serving special youth populations.
- Provide recognition for chartered organizations and those who organize new units.
- Participate in the development of the council's long-range plan and the annual goal and objectives planning process.
- Provide support for districts to succeed in their unit and membership objectives.
- Work cooperatively with the commissioner staff to reregister units and lengthen their tenure.