2020 and Beyond
On June 25, 2020 we held our 2nd Fireside chat to communicate to leaders and members challenges and importaant updates to the Scouting program. We wish to thank everyone who participated and took time to submit questions via our form or the chat room. Here is a link to the recording of the chat. Also at the bottom of the page please find our FAQ from the other evening. Thank you.
A recording of our 1st Fireside Chat can be viewed here.
2020 has been a historic year for our Country and Scouting. Please join us as we work to improve communication with our Scouting community by answering all of your questions and concerns. Help us prepare for the future of Scouting by continuing to submit your question(s) below.
Our Panelists were:
Dave Colford, Council President
- From an international Scouting family, Dave is a first generation Eagle Scout (Class of 94) and the son of a King Scout (UK Scouts). He has been actively involved and registered with the BSA since 1985. He is also father to an Eagle Scout and 2 GSUSA Silver Award honorees
- Held numerous leadership positions as a youth including Senior Patrol Leader and Chapter Vice Chief in the Order of the Arrow.
- Worked at Baiting Hollow Scout Camp and the Yawgoog Scout reservation as a youth member.
- Adult positions include Unit Commissioner, Assistant Council Commissioner, Chapter Advisor, Cubmaster/ Committer Chair / Den Leader Pack 645 (Lindenhurst, NY) , Committee Member, Troop 284B (Copiague, NY) and Founding Scoutmaster for Troop 284G (Copiague,NY), Merit Badge Counselor,
- Awards and Training: Vigil Honor OA, Distinguished Unit Leaders Award, Silver Beaver, Distinguished Commissioner Award, Doctorate of Commissioner Science Award, Cub Leader Award, District Award of Merit, Adult and Youth religious awards, Scouters Training Award, James E. West Fellow, BSA Speakers Bank Award, Alumni Award
- Woodbadge trained (2010); Staffed five courses.
Tim Green, Council Commissioner
- From a Scouting family, Tim is a second generation Eagle Scout (1977).
- Held numerous leadership positions as a youth including Chapter Chief and Lodge Chief for the Order of the Arrow.
- Worked at the 1977 National Jamboree, worked Summer Camp at Camp M.K. Brown in Texas, and was an Assistant Scoutmaster with his Troop in Waterloo, Belgium.
- As a young adult continued to work at summer camp through college, and worked at the 1981 National Jamboree.
- Adult positions include Lodge Advisor, Chapter Advisor, Cubmaster Pack 9 (Amarillo, TX) and Pack 64, Assistant Scoutmaster T-86 (Amarillo, TX) and T-64, Scoutmaster T-64, Committee Chair for Crew-64,
- VOA-Advisor, VP for Venturing, Merit Badge Councilor, ASM or Scoutmaster for Troops at National Jamborees 2001, 2005, 2010, Crew Advisor 2013 National Jamboree, Staff 2017 National Jamboree, Staff 2019 World Scout Jamboree.
- Awards and Training: Eagle Scout w/Bronze Palm, Vigil Honor OA, Distinguished SM Award, Silver Beaver, Venturing Leadership Award, Distinguished Commissioner Award.
- Woodbadge taken twice 1981, 2009; Staffed two courses.
- All four children participated in scouting, both sons are Eagle Scouts.
David Hunt, Council President Elect
- David’s association with Scouting began as a Cub Scout, when he earned the BSA 50th Anniversary Achievement Award in 1960.
- David served as a Patrol Leader, Senior Patrol Leader and member of the Order of the Arrow. In 1967, at age 15, David earned Eagle Scout rank with Troop 72 in Huntsville, Alabama
- Adult positions include Eagle Coach, Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 113, Chair of the District Advancement Committee, VP of Properties and Risk Management Committee, Merit Badge Counselor for 13 Merit Badges, and has been elected to become the Council President in February 2021
- Awards and Training: Council Distinguished Citizens Award 2013, District Award of Merit Matinecock District 2014, James E. West 2015, Silver Beaver 2017.
- David founded a website www.Eaglecoach.org which has been providing blogs, resources, downloads, and motivational material to Boy Scouts and their parents since 2011. The website has subscribers, and fields questions, from all over the United States.
Ryan DiBernardo, Council Chief Executive Officer
- Ryan began in Cub Scouting and earned the Rank of Eagle Scout
- Ryan started his career as a District Executive in Cradle of Liberty Council, PA. Ryan has been a District Director, Field Director, Director of Field Service, and now the Scout Executive/CEO for Suffolk County Council.
- Ryan participated in 2013 and 2017 National Jamboree sub camp staff
- Ryan is a James E. West Fellow, Order of the Arrow Brotherhood Member, and Wood Badge Trained
- Ryan has been serving the Suffolk County Council since December 2014 as the CEO.
If you would like to make a donation to support Scouting in Suffolk County, please click here.
|FAQ from Fireside Chat on June 17||Download|