Youth Leadership Conference
We will be summarizing thoughts and ideas around the subjects suggested by youth. And proposing ways to engage youth for a positive change in our world. All youth and young adults 15-29 are invited even if they did not go to first conference.
At Our Last Conference
The youth discoverd World Scouting and how its 57 Million Youth are changing our world directly from Daniel Corsen Jr. Chairperson, Interamerican Scout Committee, World Organization of the Scout Movement.
Also presentations by Brookhaven National Lab’s leading experts on the Environment and St. Joseph’s University on Mental Health and Social Issues. These experts will prepare you to advise Scouting on how to improve our world and the lives of others.
This is a ‘Listen to Lead Conference’ format where participants voice their views on some of today’s most pressing issues facing our youth and future.
Who Should Attend
- Current and past Scout youth leaders (15-29yrs)
- Non-Scouts (15-29yrs) who want to help others, their community and world
- Cub Scout Parents in Scouting leadership roles
Areas of Focus:
- The Environment and Global Warming
- Studies show this is of high concern of millennial parents, and their kids. Scouting has been green for over 100 years, how can we lead this effort to care for the earth.
- Social Impact and Diversity
- Youth experience social issues daily, from bullying to concern for fairness and inclusivity of marginalized communities. Scouting is the ideal program to solve provide support and be the bridge to help solve these issues.
- Mental Health
- Youth suicide and depression are at an all-time high. In the United States (U.S.), suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth and young adults between the ages of 10-34. Scouting have saved countless lives by training youth in First Aid. Can programs be developed where Scouts can help those in crises in the same way?
- The Digital Divide
- Today’s youth live a dual life. Their digital world is without parental understanding. There are risks that Scouting's guidelines can help. Is there an opportunity for Scouting to be in the digital space to protect and guide our youth?
The event starts 8AM and goes till 3PM
Will consist of presentations, open discussion workshops, interactive team building
Lunch will be served
To Be Announced
This event will have media coverage and video production. It is an ideal place for the business community looking to employee proven youth leadership.
Sponsor Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the conference we will learn more about the World Scouting Family we Belong to!