Saturday & Sunday November 14th & 15th, 2020
At Baiting Hollow Scout Camp
1774 Sound Ave, Calverton, NY 11933
BALOO is an Enhanced training. We will train you how to go overnight camping with your Cub Scouts. There are 2 parts to this training. An online component and the outdoor experience. This fun and exciting training is required for all of those in your pack who oversee and conduct a Pack Family Campout or Webelos Overnight Camping. It is recommended that each Pack have at least two BALOO trained adults.
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand the focus of the Cub Scout level of the BSA camping program
- Acquire the skills and confidence necessary to plan and carry out a successful campout
- Increase your knowledge of the resources available to you
- Understand the requirement for a successful event using the BSA rules
- You WILL NEED to dress for the weather. THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE. Please bring a tent, sleeping bag, a chair, pen and paper.
- DUE TO COVID-19 RESTICTIONS……. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND MASK. We will be observing all current social distancing guidelines. Food preparation instructions and requirements will be emails after registration.
Please complete the online training and have a current YPT BEFORE the start of the course
Pre-registration is required. NO WALK-INS. Remember this is an overnight, outdoor camping experience. This training is conducted mostly outdoors. DRESS FOR THE WEATHER, RAIN OR SHINE
FULL UNIFORM IS REQUIRED
There will be a $25.00 fee for this training that will include participant program materials
For questions: Email - Tim Jennings email@example.com Cell/text 631-987-1125
A copy of our flyer can be found here.