Benjamin Tallmadge Spring Camporee
May the Force Be With You!
Join the Benjamin Tallmadge District for our Star Wars Spring Camporee!! At Baiting Hollow Scout camp on April 9-11, 2021 (or April 10 if a one day event), Troop 427 has planned an event filled journey based on one of the most successful film franchises ever!
The BT district has invited the Sagtikos and Matinecock districts to join us at our camporee. Due to this fact we have adjusted the registration procedures:
1. The registration page will open to BT units on March 1, 2021 and the other 2 districts on March 8, 2021. Registration will close for all district on March 26, 2021.
2. Registration is limited to 350 scouts. If this limit is reached prior to March 26, the registration page will be shut down early.
3. There are no deposits for this event. Exact scout count must be submitted with your registration below and no scouts will be allowed to be added once your registration is completed.
Registration page link will be sent to the Committee Chair and Scoutmasters for BT units on Sunday night, February 28. The link for the other districts will be sent to the DE's for those districts on Sunday night March 7.
7:30am - 9:00am: Troops Checkin and basecamp setup
9:10am: Possible opening ceremony
9:30am-12:00pm: Patrol stations
12:00pm-12:50pm: Lunch in basecamp (scouts must cook their own food. There can be no communal Troop cooking)
1:00pm-2:30pm: Tatooine Hut construction and Jedi stations (Scout, Tenderfoot, 2nd and 1st class requirement review)
2:30pm - 3:30pm: Tatooine Hut judging and landspeeder prep
3:30pm-5:30pm: Landspeeder race (similar to klondike sled race at the winter camporee)
5:30pm-6:00pm: Cleanup and Depart
Supplies that the Patrols need to bring with them:
- Empty plastic water bottle (Aquafina, Dasani, etc.)
- Fire Starter
- Scout Handbook
Supplies that the Troop needs to bring with them:
- Push Kart/Sled for the landspeeder race (rider must have a helmet)
- Sticks, Twigs, Staves and rope to create a Tatooine hut for the afternoon competition
- Materials to decorate Landspeeder
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Masks must be worn at all times unless eating or drinking. Masks will not be provided. Everyone is encouraged to bring extra masks.
- At check in please wait until your entire unit is present and then approach the check in pavillion. One of the volunteers will do a temperature check on everyone entering camp. Once temp checks are completed the leader in charge needs to turn in all the COVID Pre-Screen forms for everyone staying for the event. Prescreen forms can be found at this link: Prescreen Forms
- Parking will be at an extreme premium. We HIGHLY recommend that carpooling or scout dropoff be utilized. Once you have parked your car in the lot you will not be able to move it until the event is over between 5pm and 6pm.
- Every until be assigned an area to serve as their basecamp. We will do our best to assign an actual campsite with a fire pit but depending on the number of units that might not be possible. At which point we recommend you bring your own burn barrel to use as camp has a limited number.
- Lunch must be individually cooked. There can be no communal cooking and serving due to COVID restrictions.
- Your patrols will receive their station schedules at either check in or following the opening ceremony. The times must be STRICTLY adhered to. We can only have a max of 30 scouts at a station at a time. Anymore is violating COVID policy. In addition all units will be asked to put the attending scouts into as few patrols as possible with a max of 10 scouts in a patrol (examples: 20 scouts = 2 patrols of 10 scouts, 13 scouts = 2 patrols of 6 and 7 scouts).
- Depending on the number of scouts and troops there may or may not be an opening and closing ceremony. If there is not an opening ceremony all patrols must report to their first station by 9:30am. If there is no closing ceremony, units will be alerted when patches and ribbons will be available for pickup at the scout office.
|Senior District Executive - Benjamin Tallmadge||Bobby Rabbitt||(631) 924-7000 x117|