Benjamin Tallmadge & Trailblazer Winter Camporee
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! WE, AT THIS POINT, CAN NO LONGER ADMIT MORE UNITS. PLEASE JOIN THE BT DISTRICT FOR THEIR NEXT CAMPOREE IN APRIL!
Our Winter Camporee this year will only be a single day event this year but will be as fun as it always is! Please see the schedule below for the times of the event as well as what each Patrol is expected to bring. Also a few other notes:
- Only Scouts need to pay the $20 fee. Adults do not need to pay this year.
- Troops will be required to provide their own lunches but please keep in mind there can be no communal cooking.
- This is a rain/shine/snow event so please make sure everyone is dressed appropriately for the weather.
- Patrols will be given a set schedule of what station they will be going to at what times. They MUST adhere strictly to this schedule as we cannot have more than 2-3 patrols (25 people) at a station at a time.
- Troops will be given a general area for them to convene during troop times (prior to stations start, lunch, etc.). These, most likely, will not be in regular campsites so troops are encouraged to bring a burn barrel, folding table, camp chairs. We will do our best to provide everyone with a picnic table but cannot guarantee it. Also trailers will not be allowed into the sites, nor should they even be brought. All necessary equipment should fit in the trunk of a car for a single day event.
- Due to parking restrictions please carpool as much as possible.
- COVID Forms and a temperature check will be required at check in. Also any and all balances are due in full either on the website prior to the camporee or at check in at the camporee. A full roster of all those in camp is also due at check in or prior to the event sent to Bobby Rabbitt via email.
Winter Camporee Schedule
7:30am-8:45am - Troops Arrive
9:00am - *Opening Ceremony – Parade Field
9:30am – 12:00pm - Stations (First 5)
12:00pm – 12:50pm - Lunch
1:00pm – 2:30pm - Stations (Last 3)
3:00pm – 4:30pm - Klondike Race
4:45pm - *Closing & Awards – Parade Field
5:00pm - Cleanup and Depart
Patrols must have the following equipment with them in a day pack in order to complete the stations (Klondike sleds do NOT need to be brought station to station by the patrols):
- First Aid Kit
- Non-fluid Firelighter
- Roll of Duct Tape
- Blindfold or neckerchief for each member in the patrol
Each patrol that will be participating in the Klondike Sled race must have their own sled that will have 1 rider with a helmet while being pulled by the rest of the patrol.
*Due to COVID restrictions, depending on the number of units and campers present we may not have an official opening or closing if we cannot maintain a safe distance in the parade field. In that instance each patrol will receive their station list upon unit check in when they arrive and all awards will be posted to the district facebook pages and the units will receive their place ribbons when they pick up their patches and camporee ribbon after the event.