Benjamin Tallmadge Webelos Woods 2020
This year we need to move in a different direction with Webelos Woods due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read through ALL the bullet points below and follow the directions completely.
- Webelos woods will be a single day event on Saturday, November 7, 2020. This will be rain or shine.
- The schedule is as follows:
- 8:00am-10:00am – Troops arrive at Baiting Hollow Scout Camp and setup their area for their demonstration
- 10:00am-5:00pm – Webelos attend stations in round robin format
- By 6:00pm – Troops cleanup and depart BHSC
- For Troops, being this is a rain or shine event we recommend bringing a popup of some type for your area
- We are only allowing a max of 10 people to attend per Troop (Not Webelos) this includes scouts AND leaders. Due to restrictions on attendance we will strictly enforce this.
- For Troops and Packs there will be NO walk-ins. If someone is not registered and they show up they will not be allowed in.
- Webelos Packs will be given a set time to arrive at camp to begin their round robin. Please do not arrive earlier than your given time.
- COVID-19 forms must be turned in that day at check in and everyone must go through a temperature check. Masks MUST be worn at all times and can only be removed when eating or drinking.
- All troop vehicles must be parked across the street at the farm as per usual routine. Webelos vehicles will park in the main parking lot.
- Registration will be through the website and will conclude on Oct. 23. Please make sure you register all your participants on time. Due to the nature of having to make sure social distancing is active, planning is much more difficult this year and we will need 2 weeks to arrange everyone.
- The cost of the event is still $6 per person for Troops and $10 per person for Webelos. Webelos parents do NOT need to pay for the event but they will not receive a patch. Even though it is a day event we still have expenses such as patches, ribbons, camp and supplies for stations.
- You must provide your own lunch and a bag lunch is the best option as there will not be time to cook a meal. Webelos will continually be moving from station to station with no gap to make sure they visit every station. Also we regret to inform everyone that hot chocolate and coffee will not be provided throughout the day this year.
- Below is a list of the stations that we will be offering.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing we needed to eliminate some stations because of the constant need to sanitize and clean equipment. Stations such as the climbing wall and monkey bridge will not be a part of Webelos Woods this year. In addition the cooking station will be demo only and will not be serving any food. All other stations need to keep contact to a minimum and supplies should be given to the webelos to keep if possible.
We understand that this year is going to be different but we’re hoping that it will be a great day for the webelos and troops to get together and have a great scouting day.
- Flag Etiquette
- Fire Starters
- Fire building
- Tent Setup/Breakdown
- Soap Carving/knife Safety
- First Aid
- Knot Tying
- BB Guns
- Wilderness Survival
- Hiking/ Leave no trace
- Model Campsite
- Packing a Backpack
- Map and Compass
|BT Webelos Woods Chair||Cathy Marenga|
|Senior District Executive - Benjamin Tallmadge||Bobby Rabbitt||(631) 924-7000 x117|