- The Official BSA Training Page See here for the latest information from the BSA including what makes a trained leader supplemental training and “Training Award”
- Guide to Safe Scouting on-line, and in PDF (The big book of No)
- Guide To Advancement webpage
- Guide to Awards and Insignia
Youth Protection Training – Online Training
Must be Renewed every 2 years
New leaders are required to take Youth Protection Training (YPT) within 30 days of registering and before volunteer service with youth begins.
- Sign in at www.my.scouting.org with your username and password.
- Once signed in, click “Home” on the top left-hand side of the page, and click on “My Dashboard”.
- There you can click on the “YPT” tab – Select “Youth Protection Training – Take Course”button to begin. This takes about 15-20 minutes.
- To take other BSA online trainings, select the “Training Center” tab.
- To view trainings specific to your Position, select the “Requirements” tab. (Some courses many not be available online and must be completed in person) Contact the Scoutmaster or an Assistant Scoutmaster (ASM) for more information or visit the Suffolk County Council
- To view all of your completed trainings, select the “Completions” tab.
- Youth Protection Resources Not the training course but materials to help enforce youth protection.
- Venturing Youth Protection Resources
- Cyber Chip
- BSA Cub Scout Forms and Resources
- Trax Spreadsheets – Handy tools for keeping track of rank progress
Den Leader Position-Specific Training
- Glossary of Scouting Terms
- Characteristics of Cub Scouts by Age
- Den Adventure Planner
- Scout Oath Wheel A tool for your scouts for helping to learn the scout oath /law
- The Family Talent Survey
- The Outdoor Program
- The Pack Committee Summary
- So You Are a New Committee Member
- A good summary of all the committee positions can be found here
- Planning Your Budget
- The Family Talent Survey
General Boy Scout Information
Introduction To Outdoor Leadership Skills (IOLS)
- IOLS Handout
- Outdoor Ethics Resources
- IOLS Cookbook Booklet
- IOLS Scout’s Own 2016
- Additional Scouts Own Resources
- Boy Scout prayers
- Prayers and Graces form usscouts
- Interfaith Service put together for Woodbadge course N2-404-13 (Needs to be printed double sided)
- Troop 343 Scouts Own
- Mac Scouter Big “A scout is Reverent” Book
- A list of Interfaith services from the Connecticut Yankee Council
- Another collection of services including a Scouts own template from Troop 165, Crystal Lake, IL
- Some information from National
- Other Additional Resources
- Animated Knot Guide
Merit Badge Counselors
- All Venturing Resources: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Venturing.aspx
- Crew Officers Training
- Goal Setting and Time Management:
- Venturers – Youth YPT (Adult Facilitated)
- Shooting Guidelines:
- Mentoring for Venturing Crews
- Venturing Board of Review Guide: