Sign up for our Mailing List Here
Please click on the link above to find a Matinecock page dedicated to COVID-19 related topics from extensions, videos, actvities, how to protect yourself, and how to stop the spreading of the virus. You can always go to www.coronavirus.gov for more information.
District News Letter
The Quaran-Times Vol 3- Mother's Day Edition
A Give back program from Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and select Suffolk County Council, Boy Scouts of America. Amazon will donate 0.5% to our organization at no extra cost to you.
Every register adult needs to fill out this form and put it with upcoming charter. Click on disclosure forms and fill out to place in your charter packet. Please speak to your Committee Chair and Charter Organization Representative for more information.
New medical forms for 2020 that need to be filled out for camp this year. Click the link above to print up the new form.
If you want to submit photos or videos for promotional purposes such as: Matinecock's Scout TV, Quaran-Times E-Newsletter, Council Campfire, etc., then please fill out this fillable sheet and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The purpose of the form is that we have permission to use your likeness to post on social media platforms and promotional videos for Suffolk County Council.
Hazaradous Weather Training
Upcoming Events and other InformationMatinecock 2019-2020 Event Dates Download
- Postponed, new date TBD- District Pinewood Derby @ William T Rodgers Middle School
- May 24-25th- Matinecock Virtual Cub Fun Day- Videos, Packets, and More!
- May 25th- Matinecock Memorial Day Re-imagined / Alternative Flag Placements
- June 6th- Popcorn Kickoff Breakfast- SAVE THE DATE- has gone Virtual! There will be a Zoom meeting where you can learn about Popcorn Incentives, learn about our popcorn fundraiser, and only 2 representatives from each unit can attend.
- Tuesday, June 23rd- Duck's Game with Fireworks- Registration here
- July 21-30th- 2020 National Jamboree
- Tuesday, August 11th- Ducks Game Sponsored by BNB Bank- Register Here
- August 15th- 20th-National Youth Leadership Training Course@Baiting Hollow
- October 2-4th Spring Camporee @ South Haven(Joint with BT)- Register Here
- October 8th- SCCBSA Fellowship Dinner- Registration / Fellowship Flyer
- October 23-25th, Webelos Woods @ Seminary of Immaculate Conception
- November 21st- Excellence in Education Award- Honoring Mr. Steven Hartman- Invitations
- November 27th- Andrew McMorris Walk-a-thon
- December 6th, Jets Scout Day- Flyer Coming Soon!
Roundtable- Has gone ZOOM on June 11th - Stay Tuned!
We held on first ever Virtual Roundtable on April 7th. It was really cool and we have a video of it on our Facebook page: Click here to see yourself! Our second Virtual Roundtable was even better and Matinecock Roundtable News will debut Wednesday, May 19th! If you want to get invited to a Matinecock Roundtable Virtual Zoom meeting, then keep an eye for email invitation day before the meeting. If you don't see a email invitation, contact your Scout Master or Committee Chair and ask for them to send you the invitaiton via email. Every Scout Leader, parent, volunteer, and scouters are welcome to join in!
When Schools open up and we are able to meeting in person again:
Burr Intermediate School, 202 Burr Rd, Commack, NY 11725 7:30pm
Roundtable is a great way to learn and meet other leaders and share experiences. Do you have questions? Would you like to hear about a particular topic? Let us know! We are here to support you! Looking forward to seeing you there! We meet the second Thursday of the month.
Have a question or a suggestion for a topic ? Suggestion Box
What You Missed At Last Roundtable
Let the Channel 404 team bring you most current information right on your screen with: detail interviews, key 3 messages, popcorn information, virtual merit badge classes, and so much more!
What's the Point- Edition- Postponed and will be back but check out our Quaran-Times E-Newsletter
Month of May, the following information is being passed around:
Virtual Cub Fun Day- May 24th-25th, our 2nd round of Virtual Cub Fun Day will be up and running again with Videos and Packets!
Camp Local- Once we get back into the swing of things, please consider supporting your local council by going to Baiting Hollow Scout Camp.
See our roundtable page for full details.
Please report any Scouting for Food collections that you directly donate here
The Scouting for Food formal kick-off at the Stop & Shop store fronts has been cancelled due to issues with COVID-19 and having particular food items available for purchase.
Some of you may have received an email from Stop & Shop yesterday about their response to this situation. Going forward, we will continue with the neighborhood bag collection and the online food drive at
We will work with Stop & Shop and Island Harvest to organize a Fall/Holiday kick-off later in the year and I encourage our units to continue reporting their totals to email@example.com
Huntington Drug & Alcohol Counseling Center- SPORT Prevention and Wellness
- Family of Scouting Commitment Form- I need every Pack to fill out this form
- Scout Shop Information
- Scout Shop Online
- Scout Shop Form
- Scout Shop Uniform Sales!!!
- Youth Application
- Adult Application
- "Coming Soon!" Pins on Beascout.org
- Incident Reporting Guidelines // Incident Report Forms
- Unit Deposit Accounts- Needs to be filled out when there is a new change in positions for Treasurer and Key 3 positions.
- 2020 Cub Scout Membership Incentives for Pinewood Derby Cars
- 2020-2021 Unit Information Checkoff List
- Webelos to Scout Transition Handbook
- Family of Scouting- Flyer
- Alternate Family of Scouting- Flyer
- Boy Scout- Flyer
- Cub Scout Flyer
- Cool Kids - Flyer
- Adventure is Calling - Flyer
- M&M Base Camp Request Form
- Recruitment Flyer Request Form
- 6 Changes You Can Make To Improve Your Local Recruiting Strategy
- Recruitment for Explorer Growth Incentive
- 11 x 17 Order Form for BSA Posters