Sign up for our Mailing List Here
Please click on the link above to find a Matinecock page dedicated to COVID-19 related topics from extensions, videos, actvities, how to protect yourself, and how to stop the spreading of the virus. You can always go to www.coronavirus.gov for more information.
District News Letter
A Give back program from Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and select Suffolk County Council, Boy Scouts of America. Amazon will donate 0.5% to our organization at no extra cost to you.
Every register adult needs to fill out this form and put it with upcoming charter. Click on disclosure forms and fill out to place in your charter packet. Please speak to your Committee Chair and Charter Organization Representative for more information.
New medical forms for 2020 that need to be filled out for camp this year. Click the link above to print up the new form.
Hazaradous Weather Training
Upcoming Events and other InformationMatinecock 2019-2020 Event Dates Download
- Postponed, new date TBD- District Pinewood Derby @ William T Rodgers Middle School
- May 8-10th- National Youth Leadership Training Course @ Baiting Hollow
- May 17th- Manor Farm Field Day (Cub Fun Day)
- May 29-30th- National Youth Leadership Training Course @ Baiting Hollow
- June 6th- Popcorn Kickoff Breakfast- SAVE THE DATE- earn 2% commission back, only 2 representatives from each unit can attend, learn about our popcorn fundraiser.
- June 11th- SCCBSA Fellowship Award Banquet // Sponsorship Page
- Tuesday, June 23rd- Duck's Game with Fireworks- Registration here
- Tuesday, August 11th- Ducks Game Sponsored by BNB Bank- Register Here
- October 2-4th Spring Camporee @ South Haven(Joint with BT)- Register Here
- October 23-25th, Webelos Woods @ Seminary of Immaculate Conception
- November 21st- Excellence in Education Award- Honoring Mr. Steven Hartman- Invitations
- November 27th- Andrew McMorris Walk-a-thon
Roundtable- Has gone ZOOM on April 7th
April 7th is our Roundtable. Keep an eye for email invitation on April 6th. If you don't see a email invitation, contact your Scout Master or Committee Chair and ask for them to send you the invitaiton via email. Every Scout Leader, parent, volunteer, and scouters are welcome to join in!
Burr Intermediate School, 202 Burr Rd, Commack, NY 11725 7:30pm
Roundtable is a great way to learn and meet other leaders and share experiences. Do you have questions? Would you like to hear about a particular topic? Let us know! We are here to support you! Looking forward to seeing you there! We meet the second Thursday of the month.
Have a question or a suggestion for a topic ? Suggestion Box
What You Missed At Last Roundtable
Month of March, the following information is being passed around:
2020 Cub Scout Membership Growth Incentive for Pinewood Derby Cars (Look under Recruitment Central)
2020-2021 Unit Information Checkoff List (Look below under Recruitment Central)
Spring Camporee postponed until Oct.2-4th @ SouthHaven
Scouting for Food change locations (Look Below)
District Pinewood Derby Postponned
Excellence in Education- November 21st
Matinecock Celebration Dinner-cancelled
April Roundtable- via ZOOM
How to set up your own Religious Emblem program (Look Below)
See our roundtable page for full details.
Please report any Scouting for Food collections that you directly donate here
The Scouting for Food formal kick-off at the Stop & Shop store fronts has been cancelled due to issues with COVID-19 and having particular food items available for purchase.
Some of you may have received an email from Stop & Shop yesterday about their response to this situation. Going forward, we will continue with the neighborhood bag collection and the online food drive at
We will work with Stop & Shop and Island Harvest to organize a Fall/Holiday kick-off later in the year and I encourage our units to continue reporting their totals to email@example.com
Huntington Drug & Alcohol Counseling Center- SPORT Prevention and Wellness
- Family of Scouting Commitment Form- I need every Pack to fill out this form
- Scout Shop Information
- Scout Shop Online
- Scout Shop Form
- Scout Shop Uniform Sales!!!
- Youth Application
- Adult Application
- "Coming Soon!" Pins on Beascout.org
- Incident Reporting Guidelines // Incident Report Forms
- Unit Deposit Accounts- Needs to be filled out when there is a new change in positions for Treasurer and Key 3 positions.
- 2020 Cub Scout Membership Incentives for Pinewood Derby Cars
- 2020-2021 Unit Information Checkoff List
- Webelos to Scout Transition Handbook
- Family of Scouting- Flyer
- Alternate Family of Scouting- Flyer
- Boy Scout- Flyer
- Cub Scout Flyer
- Cool Kids - Flyer
- Adventure is Calling - Flyer
- M&M Base Camp Request Form
- Recruitment Flyer Request Form
- 6 Changes You Can Make To Improve Your Local Recruiting Strategy
- Recruitment for Explorer Growth Incentive
- 11 x 17 Order Form for BSA Posters