Sign up for our Mailing List Here
Please click on the link above to find a Matinecock page dedicated to COVID-19 related topics from extensions, videos, activities, how to protect yourself, and how to stop the spreading of the virus. You can always go to www.coronavirus.gov for more information.
We are now accepting nomination forms for:
Who qualifies for the District Award of Merit?
A nominee must be a registered Scouter. A nominee must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both. Note: The nature and value of “noteworthy service to youth” may consist of a single plan or decisions that contributed vitally to the lives of large numbers of youth or it may have been given to a small group over an extended period of time. Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position. The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the district and/or council is to betaken into consideration. Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.
Who qualifies for the Spark Plug Award?
The Spark Plug Award is given in recognition to those who have made special contributions to their unit or the Matinecock District. These people provide the Spark that ignites the energy of others for the betterment of Scouting. Please give positions held, specific reasons, and cite examples why this person deserves the award.
A Give back program from Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and select Suffolk County Council, Boy Scouts of America. Amazon will donate 0.5% to our organization at no extra cost to you.
If you want to submit photos or videos for promotional purposes such as: Matinecock's Scout TV, Matinecock Press Newsletter, Council Newsletter, etc., then please fill out this fillable sheet and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The purpose of the form is that we have permission to use your likeness to post on social media platforms and promotional videos for Suffolk County Council.
Hazaradous Weather Training
Upcoming Events and Links
- May 28th - Calverton National Cemetery Memorial Day Flag Placement
- June 4th- Ask An Astronaut
- June 4th- Popcorn Kickoff Breakfast @ Baiting Hollow
- June 11th- Youth Leadership Conference @ St. Joseph Univ.
- July 6th - Summer Merit Badge Program: July Session 1
- July 13th - Summer Merit Badge Program: July Session 2
- August 3rd - Summer Merit Badge Program: August Session 1
- August 10th - Summer Merit Badge Program: August Session 2
- August 21st- Matinecock Roundtable @ Baiting Hollow Scout Camp
- September 9th- 11th - Woodbadge Training @ BHSC
- September 11-17th - Scout Spirit Week
- September 17th- Touch a Truck District @ William T Rodgers & Walt Whitman Mall
- September 30th-Oct.2 - Matinecock Webelos Woods @ Seminary
- October 8th-9th- Woodbadge Training @ Schiff Scout Reservation
- November 10th - Excellence in Education & Good Deeds Award Dinner @ Northport Yacht Club
- January 13th-15th, 2023- Matinecock Winter Camporee @ BHSC
Next Roundtable is: Thursday, June 9th via Zoom
We are at our half way point of the scouting year! We are continuing to hold zoom roundtable meetings. We are not sure what is going to happen in the future with meeting places, but your safety is our number one concerned. If we hold in person meetings, they will most likely be held outside. **Remember to look below to see all the materials passed around at Roundtable** If the meeting is done on zoom, I will be posting the zoom link below:
If Roundtable is Zoom,: an invitation will go out to all registerd leaders. If you are not on our mailing list you can subscribe here
When Schools open up and we are able to meeting in person again:
Roundtable is a great way to learn and meet other leaders and share experiences. Do you have questions? Would you like to hear about a particular topic? Let us know! We are here to support you! Looking forward to seeing you there! We meet the second Thursday of the month.
Have a question or a suggestion for a topic ? Suggestion Box
Video Training From National
Information that was passed out at Roundtable:
Zoom Youth Protection Training Nov 17, Dec 7, Dec 15
See our roundtable page for full details.
Huntington Drug & Alcohol Counseling Center- SPORT Prevention and Wellness
- Family of Scouting Commitment Form- I need every Pack to fill out this form
- Scout Shop Information
- Youth Application
- Adult Application
- Incident Reporting Guidelines // Incident Report Forms
- Unit Deposit Accounts- Needs to be filled out when there is a new change in positions for Treasurer and Key 3 positions.