New Member Coordinator Training
Sustaining strong membership in a unit depends partly on reaching new audiences to invite them to join the unit and partly on engaging new members and their families so that they feel welcomed and want to stay. The role of the New Member Coordinator is to ensure that both keys to success take place.
- Welcome logo: New Member Coordinators need to be identifiable! Wear this logo with pride on an activity shirt, on a hat or a vest or in some cases, a pin on a field uniform.
- New Member logo in EPS
- New Member Coordinator logo in EPS format for embroideries
What’s a New Member Coordinator? & How Is It Helpful?
The New Member Coordinator (NMC) position has been designed to:
- Be a FUN and engaging position.
- Form relationships with new members and their families.
- Fit every type of unit, every age level and every program.
- Be recruited and supported by key unit leadership.
- Be provided with training both online and face to face.
- Be mentored by the District Membership Chair and become part of the District Membership team.
- Use a team approach by encouraging more than one NMC in a unit, allowing them to tailor their work to individual interests/expertise, as well as to recognize the particular needs of the unit.
- Be visible and easily identifiable at unit gatherings by their Welcomingsmiles and their BSA “Welcome” logo that they display and wear on an activity shirt, on a hat or vest or in some cases, a pin on a field uniform.
The benefits of having a New Member Coordinator can be substantial!