National Youth Leadership Training
What is NATIONAL YOUTH LEADERSHIP TRAINING?
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide youth members with leadership skills and experiences they can use in their home troops, teams, crews, personal lives, and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
NYLT is a six-day outdoor experience for current and future troop, crew & ship leaders. NYLT parallels the program month of a typical Scouting unit. It presents leadership skills in multiple formats providing the opportunity for participants to live and practice these leadership skills. Virtually all of the training is conducted by the youth staff. The course follows BSA’s National Youth Leadership Training Curriculum.
Why should I attend?
- You’ll have fun!
- The leadership skills we teach will help you both in scouting and later in life.
- You will have more fun in your regular
- unit job.
- You will make new friends.
- You’ll have fun!!!
Why should Unit Leaders send Youth?
- We provide intensive leadership training in a controlled environment.
- Trained leaders make scouting more fun for the other members of your unit.
- You’ll take pride watching your Youth Leaders run the unit.
The Suffolk County Council offers this important course every year.
For dates, registration and more information about the Summer 2022 course, CLICK HERE!